Today is the second time this year that the 13th falls on a Friday! The first was in February.
If you’re superstitious, it’s not over yet though… The 13th falls on a Friday once more this year, in October.
Next year though, it only falls on a Friday once, in May.
On Friday, February the 13th, we brought you 13 facts about Friday the 13th – now this Friday the 13th, we’re bringing you 10 more!
1. More than 60 million people worldwide claim to be affected by a fear of Friday 13th.
2. Every year has at least one and at most three Friday the 13ths.
3. The longest period that can occur without a Friday the 13th is fourteen months.
4. Famous people born on Friday the 13th include Samuel Beckett (13 April 1906), Margaret Thatcher
(unluckily for many of those in the UK during her time as PM (13 October 1923)), Fidel Castro (13 August 1926) and Steve Buscemi (makes up for Thatcher and Castro (13 December 1957)).
5. Many hospitals have no room 13, while airports don’t have a Gate 13.
6. Rather obviously, Black Sabbath’s eponymous debut album was released in the UK on Friday, February 13, 1970.
7. The first reference to an unlucky Friday the 13th came in an 1869 biography of the composer Rossini who died on Friday November 13, 1868. However, many people believe the fear of this date came from a Friday 13th in 1307, which saw thousands of soldier monks of the powerful Knights Templar massacred by French king Louis IV.
8. The 13th of the month is more likely to be a Friday than any other day of the week.
9. The first reference to an unlucky Friday the 13th came in an 1869 biography of the composer Rossini who died on Friday November 13, 1868.
10. Lizzy Borden uttered a total of 13 words at her trial.
What about you? Does Friday the 13th bother you?
Let us know in the comments!
P.S. One way to get over the fear of Friday the 13th, if you have it in the first place, is to host a really cool event! If you’d like to know more about the how tos, get in touch!
Contact us here for more information:
Give us a call on: +44 (0)7973 416 596
Or drop us an email: email@example.com