This Halloween, why not freak out your Trick or Treaters, or your party guests, or even just your kids at breakfast on the 31st, with these ghastly cupcakes!
They’re easy to make, and are sure to go down a fangtastic treat!
Here’s how to make them:
You will need the following colors of fondant and supplies to make these toppers:
- peachy flesh color
You can purchase pre-colored fondant or mix up colors yourself with
white fondant and food colouring.
- sharp knife
- rolling mat (if you don’t have one smear your counter top with vegetable shortening and roll fondant on that)
- rolling pin
- food safe paintbrush
- red food coloring
- black food coloring
- painters palette or two small bowls
- vodka or any flavour of clear extract – I recommend clear vanilla or almond
- wax paper lined baking sheet
- 3 inch round cookie cutter or drinking glass
Edible Fake Blood
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- red food colouring (to desired redness)
In a small bowl mix all ingredients together until smooth. Add more cornstarch to desired thickness. Set aside until ready to use. (This recipe will be way more than you need for a few cupcakes so feel free to cut the amounts.)
This recipe originally appeared here (and you get to see more photos too!)
If you’re hosting a Halloween party or event and want to do even more to freak out your guests, give us a shout!
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +44 (0)7973 416 596