Here are 35 fun facts you maybe, probably, didn’t know..:
1. A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
2. A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.
2. A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.
4. A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
5. A “jiffy” is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
6. A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
7. A snail can sleep for three years.
8. Al Capone’s business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
9. Almonds are a member of the peach family.
10. An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
11. Babies are born without kneecaps. They don’t appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.
12. Butterflies taste with their feet.
13. Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds.
14. Dogs only have about 10.
15. ”Dreamt” is the only English word that ends in the letters “mt.”
16. February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
17. In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
18. If the population of China walked past you, in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
19. It’s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
20. Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
21. No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
22. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
23. Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.
24. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
25. The average person’s left hand does 56% of the typing.
26. The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
27. The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
28. The words ‘racecar,’ ‘kayak’ and ‘level’ are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (AKA palindromes).
29. There are more chickens than people in the world.
30. There are only four words in the English language which end in “dous”: tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
31. There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: “abstemious” and “facetious.”
32. Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
33. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
34. Winston Churchill was born in a ladies’ room during a dance.
35. Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks; otherwise it will digest itself.
You learn something new every day, as they say!
Tel: +44 (0)7973 416 596